Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Woman's Trash Is Another Woman's Treasure. Well maybe not treasure- but stuff I can use!

My sister-in-law gave me a bag of junk.


It was stuff she saved when cleaning out her kitchen, thinking of me, she put it all in a bag.


In what she may have otherwise throw away I have found some useful things. Here's what I found and what I will now use it for...


1) 1/2 a bag of clothespins (the clip kind). I will keep these for when I get my Clothesline. I have wanted to put up a clothesline for about a year and although I can find the "line" I can not find the "pulleys/anchors" that you attach to your tree or the side of your house that allow you to pull the line in and out. I would LOVE a clothesline! According to something I once read.. Your average dryer, based on your average electrical rates-- cost about $.40/load to dry! I generally wash and dry about 12 loads of laundry a week.. that's $4.80 each week, or $19.20/ month- on average. WOW - I'd love to lower my electric bill by almost $20 a month. In reality I probably wouldn't line-dry ALL the laundry- the line would only hold one load at a time and each would take seveal hours to dry- -but if I line-dryed 1/2 of it- that would still lower my bill about $10/month. And that seems very do-able!


2) 5 small whisks (I think left over from her bridal shower). These will be filled with a few red and green hershey kisses and cute gift tags will be attached that say: We Whisk You a Merry Kissmas. Makes a really cute gift for a teacher or bus driver or anyone. (Who wouldn't want hershey kisses?)


3) a small tupperware-type container with a lid. This will be great for lunchboxes. Kaitlyn does not like sandwiches- so she sometimes takes chicken nuggets , and this little tupperware will be perfect for putting ketchup in.


So in her bag of "junk" I found some great things that I will put to great use!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love the "We Whisk You a Merry Christmas" idea! Ok, before I pass on anything anymore, I am going to call or email you for tips! Jen, I keep telling people how full of ideas you are. Wow! Love it!!!