Thursday, December 4, 2008

Making Your Home A Haven- Day 4

Today's plan was to catch up on ONE CHORE. I had said yesterday I had to tackle the mountian of clean laundry slowly attacking my living room, BUT, I didn't. I did get one load folded and put away, but I hate folding laundry and chose to get all those dishes washed instead. All those dishes began piling up when I decided to put the Christmas tree up after dinner and not load the dishwasher yesterday.

So my day went as follows,

5 Mins of Quiet- Done! (always done, it's my favorite part of the day!)

Morning Rountine- all 5 steps done! (that was the first chunk out of the piles of dishes) **Just to refresh you- MY Morning Routine is coffee, wake Kaitlyn, pack lunches and make breakfast, put a load off laundry in, & load the dishwasher before leaving. **

Planning: 1) Get bags of gifts out of car (they have been "hiding " there, until I could move them with no kids around. - Done! 2) Take Chocolate to SIL, even if not walking the dog. - Done! 3) Bake Brownies tonight- Done! 4) Fold and put away ALL laundry- not done, decided to tackle dishes instead- dishes done!

15 mis of something- check baseball website to reigster for spring baseball but site wouldn't work- emailed sister to see if she could - and she could, and she did- what a lifefsaver!! Spring Baseball Registration- Done!

Positive Attitude- took a dive when the baseball website wouldn't work- but better now!

Great day here, and "realtively" peaceful evening, all kids in bed by 9pm and more quiet time for me. Looking forward to tomorrow- TGIF!!

For our Making Your Home a Haven Challenge- the final day- lets look forward to the weekend. Find something to put on your To Do list that will help get you ready for your weekend. For me this will mean Really, Truely getting the laundry folded! Somewhere in there is my son's freshly washed basketball uniform and his first game is Saturday. Better to get it all folded and put away so we can find it Sat. morning, than to be dumping the laundry baskets all over the living room floor in a mad rush to find all the pieces of the uniform right before game time.

I will check in tomorrow and we can all rejoice that the work-week is over!!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: