Saturday, December 13, 2008

Missing in Action

Sorry I have gone AWOL for a bit. Katilyn as been sick since she came home from school on Tuesday. She said she was tired and didn't feel good, laid down and fell asleep. One hour later she woke up only long enough to say I feel yucky and for me to realize she was roasting with a fever. She went back to sleep and sleep for 24 hours with only minor breaks to drink some water, use the bathroom or take more tylenol. She spent Wed and Thursday the same way, then Thursday night she spent most of the night coughing and complaining her chest hurt. So Friday. off to the Doctor we went, and the verdict was she has croup. She is 6 1/2 - I thought croup was a baby/toddler illness, I did not realise older kids get it too. For those that do not know croup is a really awful cough that sounds really bad and makes it hard to breathe, it is a full-body cough that tires then out quickly. And croup is worst as night and better during the day. So I have not slept much in days.. which is why I have not posted.

And tonight Sophia has a fever and a mild cough. I hope this is NOT the start of the next set. Kaitlyn is not even better yet... oh my!

So if my posts are spratic the next several day, you'll know why.

My Frugal Christmas tip for today...Re-use Christmas cards!
Every one ends up with a few leftover cards after writting then out, hold onto them. Then after Xmas, take your left overs and the ones you have received. And carefully cut the covers off them to use as Thank You Postcards. If you carefully cut the front off of the cards and then on the blank side draw a line down the center. Jot a quick Thank You note on the left side and put the mailing address on the right side along with the stamp. Not only does this save you money on buying thank you cards- it saves postage too! (postcard stamps are cheaper than first class stamps). It also cuts your "greeting card garbage" in half!

I'll be back this weekend with more money saving tips!

No comments: