Saturday, December 20, 2008

After Chirstmas Sales- Shopping List

My favorite time to shop is the week AFTER Christmas. Everything is a bargin! 50%-75% signs will be all over. I was at Target last week and they already had alot of Christmas things 30%-50% off.



I sat down to wrap gifts this weekend and as I pulled out my Christmas box of wrapping stuff- I was so excited to find all the stuff I got last year after Christmas- right there waiting for me this year. It is so great to know you planned ahead. I found 4 new rolls of wrapping paper (along with several left over from last year)which i paid no more than $1/roll, 5 boxes of Christmas cards (yea-cards will go out this year- just without a picture of the kids in it)which I paid no more thatn $1 each for, a 3pack of scotch tape, 2 packages of to/from sticker-style tags (totaling 144 tags) each pack cost me only $.25, a 4-pack of cute shirt boxes with pictures on the lids normally $1.99- I paid $.49 for, a large pack of white tissue paper 50 sheets which was $1.99 and I paid $.49 for and a colored pack of red and green tissue also paid $.49 for and a dozen other things I was so excited I felt like I had just opened a gift to myself. And to know I paid almost nothing for theses items just makes it fun!



SO I have started to create a shopping list to hit Target and Walmart with the day after Christmas. It is not complete yet- but here is what I have so far:




  • 4 rolls of gift wrap

  • 4pack of shirt boxes with cute lids (but only if it $.49 again)

  • Cellephane gift bags (20 to a pack) for gifts for my class next year.

  • Funfetti cake mixes (last year I got 5 of them for just $.25 each! who cares if they have red and green speckles- still yummy)

  • Funfetti icing (last year I got 8 of these for $.50 each! I'd have gotten more but that was all they had left. The icing is really just white- the funfetti pieces are in the lid- so these could be used anytime of year- just don't put the sprinkes on)

  • Red/green star mini marshmallow bags- last year $.25 each- I got several- we use then in hot chocolate all winter and my class even used them for a project- you could seeperate them into red ones and green ones and make pink rice krispie treats at valentines day and green rice krispie treats for st. Patty's day

  • Russel Stover Boxed chocolates (these are still sealed under the gift wrap- so you can buy them take the wrapping paper off and still use them in the next several months as hostess gifts)

  • Red and Green sugar sprinkles or other sprinkles- these will keep until next year.

  • Boxed christmas cards- can never have too many- in case, like this year, you plans to make a photocard don's come together

  • Red paper bags (like a brown lunch bag- but red) I use these to make Valentine bags for my class to decorate to receive thier valentines in.

  • Christmas candles (Yankee candle- sales!!) I will always buy candles when on sale- But I like the "good ones" not the cheapy ones- the scents never last through the whole buring of the candle. Iwon't buy a ton- because they are just for me- but a few to last the winter is always nice.

  • a few holiday candies- red/green M&M packs, red/green/silver hershey kisses- cause we love these two candies.

  • White/Irredescent garland for the tree- I need some more of this.

  • I'll have my eye out for general boxes of ornaments (a few break every year- so a few new ones each year is nice to keep the tree full) Nothing specific- just the right look at the right price will do.
Some things to think about if you are going out the day after Christmas. Take a minute and think about the people in your life and what they, or you, have coming up in 2009.



Is anyone pregnant? Grab that cute baby outfit or bib that is red and green or says "Baby's 1st Christmas" now while it is 75% off and set it aside for next year.



Anyone moving? First home? Grab that great housewarming gift now or an ornament that says "Home Sweet Home" just watch- some ornaments have the year on them (and that's just tacky to give next year).



Anyone getting married? Look for items that may say "Our first christmas together", or any "love" or inspirational phrases that talk about love. If you are a close friend of the bride and maybe involved in the shower- look for things that can be used as favors- lots of silver & gold, hearts & stars type items can be found after Christmas. Also pick up that roll of gift wrap that is silver and gold foil- great for wrapping that wedding or shower gift in. Silver or gold ribbons too! and tulle- you can usually find Tulle on sale.



Just some ideas- Hope it gets you thinking of what you may be looking for at the wonderful After Christmas Sales!

I'll see you there!!

No comments: