Friday, December 19, 2008

5 Painless Ways to Save $1000 in 2009

As I began to work at creating at my own Financial Goals for 2009 I began to think of ways I could cut more out of our budget. Some ideas I have are reasonable and others I know I won't be able to keep up with, therefore I have decided to post a few ways I think would be painless.



Five Painless Ways to Save $1000 in 2009



1) Brown bag lunch to work just one day more than normal. (One lunch ($5)/week) Savings: $240



2) Stop using Paper Towels & Paper Napkins -switch to cloth napkins & dishtowels. ( I did this last year and love it!!). Puchasing one 3-roll generic pack of paper towels ($2.70) per week= Savings: $140



3) Hang clothes to dry. Just 2 loads per week will save you about $100 a year!



4) Once a month, instead of "dinner out" go out for dessert. Eat dinner at home but go out for dessert. Average dinner for two= $45, just two desserts and drinks= $20-$25, Saving you $20 per month. Savings $240/yr.



5) Make one "Meat-Free" Meal each week. Saves you about $6/meal for not purchasing that steak or 1lb of meat or a package of chicken cutlets. $6/week equals Saving $312 a year. Some great meat-free meals that still fill you up are : Lasangna, spagetti with italian bread, mashed potato bowls (mashed potatoes covered with gravy then corn then shedded cheese melted on top- YUM!)



So if you total my 5 ideas you save $1032 in 2009!!!

Not too bad for some small changes in your routine.



I am planning some more money saving lists (some easy, some not so simple) for getting the New Year off to a Frugal Start!!

No comments: