Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven- Day 2

Oh my was today bad- well at least the morning was.

As for my five steps for Making Your Home a Haven, I scored about 1 out of 5.

5 Minutes of Quiet- done! (and then that was it)

Morning Routine- coffee- check, wake kaitlyn- check, then it was down hill from there. Kaitlyn woke up in a bad mood and was difficult to move and keep moving all morning- so much so, that we missed the bus! Twice! (it goes up our street and about 10 minutes later it comes back down). Nothing else got done until about 10am. Between getting everyone else up and lunches made and everyone to school. Kaitlyn's school is about 15 minutes from our house so when she misses the bus- it eats up about 35 minutes of my morning to drive her into school.

I got home about 9:45am. Tuesday is the one morning I have off from work, and it ususally gives me an extra 2 hours to get stuff done. But with driving Kailtyn to school I was down to about 1.5 hours. Then I tried to print out a google calendar for my class, which I had worked on over the weekend but had trouble printing. (It said I needed the recent updates on Adobe Reader- but then the updates wouldn't load- so I wasn't able to print). I spent about 20 minutes trying to get the updates to download so I could print, but it wouldn't and after 20 minutes I gave up and hand-wrote a calendar for December. It looked awful! And after about 1.5 hours of time (the weekend plus that morning) I had crap to show for it. SO went most of my day... if it could go wrong or take longer than normal it did. So my positive attitude for today was missing along with most parts of my five steps.

Monday night I did take a few minutes and create a To Do list for Tuesday- so I did accomplish the "Planning" step- but only a few of those items were actually completed. I had done this because Tuesday was supposed to be the day to do all those "little things" , so I had pre-planned to make sure I had a solid list and included ALL the little things I needed to get done.

So here was my original Tuesday To Do List: (and what did or did not happen)

  • List two sets of golf balls on ebay - done!
  • Take photos of and list purple snowsuit set on ebay-- when looked at closer, it needed to be washed before photos- so it went in the wash, and still has not had photos taken or gotten listed on ebay.
  • Email family about 3rd grade concert- done, after work
  • Email basketball schedule to family- done, after work
  • Call and make payment by phone to my mortgage- not done- will hopefully do Wed
  • Fax reimbursement form and reciepts to FSA for reimbursement- not done
  • Go online and register for spring baseball- tried once in AM and twice in PM- but site does not seem to be working- there is In-Person registration this Thursday night if iI don't get it done online before that.
  • Match up and put away socks and other "whites" from laundry done on Monday- Done
  • Print out December's calendar for class- not really done- handwritten after 20 minutes of aggrevation
  • Create name cards for class to be laminated so kids can trace them with wipe-off markers- not done (had my assistant do it during class today)- so done, but late and not by me.
  • Call and schedule play dates for Friday- not done
  • Call Gale and see if she can watch Sophia a few Fridays in December- not done
  • Order some Christmas gifts online with free shipping codes I have-- done, after work
  • Go to bank and deposit Gary's b-day check- not done
  • Look over Joe & Lisa's Wedding photos- not done

Each of these thing should have taken 5-10 minutes each, some less. But with all the delays I only got 3 things done, and 3 more after work. Humph!

And as I sit here I am looing at 3 baskets of clean laundry waiting for me to fold and put away. I am also staring at 5 rubbermaid bins and 2 very large christmas tree boxes in the corner of my living room. I got all the christmas stuff down on Sunday, but none of it has been put up yet! Humph!

So I am looking forward to going to bed tonight and forgetting today and moving onto Wednesday. For Wednesday let's try for a Little Bit Of Christmas! Try to get one thing done that helps you prepare for Christmas. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how my Wednesday goes.

1 comment:

Lisa Zaro said...

Well, since there are over 650 photos to go through for our wedding, I can see why that is not yet done LOL Don't do what Papa Z did - timesaver tip! He used the slideshow feature on fast and only got through one section in an hour. If you go through each section yourself using the arrows, you can go through them faster and pause on the ones you love. :)