Thursday, December 4, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven- Day 3

Today was much better than yesterday!

5 Mins of Quiet- Done!

Morning Routine- Done, except for loading dishwasher.

Planning/3 ToDos-
1) Find "cookie" sign up sheet for school, and copy ice skater sheet- done
2) Go to bank (deposit check)- not done- stopped at mom's after work to pick up a gift and didn't get to the bank.
3) Get Christmas Tree Up and Decorated. -Done

15 mintes to do something now- did #1 on list above, before leaving for work, glad to have that done and out of the way before the day really started.

Positive Attitude- it's back! Done.

For today I was extremely glad to get my tree up and decorated. I put it up, and the kids and I decorated it while watching the Rockerfeller tree lighting and all the singing that went with it. It was very festive here from 7pm-9pm. But getting the tree up means I have a counter full of the dinner dishes, which never made it to the dishwasher. Tomorrow I had better not skip that "load the dishwasher before leaving the house" on my morning routine. And although I do manage to wash and dry a load of laundry every day.. I now have 4 baskets of laundry waiting to be folded and put away... but, the Tree is UP!!

So for Thursday let's all focus on ONE CHORE that we have fallen behind on. Maybe it's the dishes, or the laundry, or the vacuuming.. whatever it is for you - choose just ONE CHORE and plow through it until it is all caught up. For me I already know tomorrow will be laundry day- folding and putting it all away.. ALL of it!

I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how I did. Please feel free to commnet and let me know how you did.

Happy Homemaking!!

Sneak peek for next week-- I am planning to post a 5-day series on easy ways you can save money.

1 comment:

Lisa Zaro said...

Hi Jen,
For your money-saving tips... here is one..

Check out http://www.restaurant.com You can buy discounted gift certificates for many popular restaurants (ie. buy them at $5 for a $15 or $20 value certificate). Check it out!
Lisa
http://www.myjewelryparty.net